Savoury Scrambled Eggs and Lavender
Sunday morning is the one day of the week when you must have these easy scrambled eggs. With this easy recipe, you can just use whatever vegies you have in your fridge to add to the scrambled eggs. How healthy is that? We've given you a recipe but feel free to change and add as you desire. The lavender adds just a hint of difference.
- 1 tspn butter or oil
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1 stalk celery chopped
- 1/2 green, red or orange capsicum chopped
- 1 small can mushrooms (or equivalent fresh)
- 1 small zucchini chopped
- green or black olives chopped
- 6 medium eggs, beaten with a fork (the no. of eggs depends on your needs)
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese or sliced
- 2 pinches culinary lavender
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup shredded ham or bacon if desired
Sauté all the vegetables (and meat if desired).
Add the eggs, lavender, salt and pepper and cook.
Remove from heat and sprinkle with a handful of cheese or cheese slices and cover with a lid to melt cheese.
Serve and enjoy.
Always use the best quality dried lavender flowers - we grow the right variety of lavender to cook with and with no chemicals. Try our Culinary Lavender.